Monday, July 27, 2026

He went from being a government speechwriter to a part-time school bus driver


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

There is an article by Steven Miller at ProRhetoric on July 21, 2026 titled From Government Speechwriter to School Bus Driver. He spent 72 weeks searching for another job, and then changed his definition for success:

 

 “So, I am doing something different. Very different. I will soon be a school bus driver for my local school district.

 I am happy about and relieved by this because I know that God has led and directed me to this place. Both the place of the bus driver role, but, more importantly, to a place of contentment about it.

 Going from a full-time executive speechwriter position to a part-time school bus driver is tough financially; no doubt about that. The good thing is that this role give me the time to pursue and do the work that I am now confident is my true calling in life. To help churches and ministries with their organization and leadership communication questions and challenges. Those organizations cannot afford to have full-time communications staff. My current role allows me to help those leaders and organizations with time and cost that is affordable for them and for me.”

 A school bus image came from Wikimedia Commons.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment