Tuesday, November 23, 2021

How many times (or for how long) should you rehearse your speech?


 

 

 

 

 

 

   

 

 

 

 

One recent answer is in an article by Carmine Gallo at Inc. on November 18, 2019 titled Why you should practice your presentation 10 times before taking stage. Another longer answer is in a blog post by Scott Schwertly on April 21, 2021 titled My thoughts on presentation practice and rehearsal routines where he said:

 

“On that note, you should practice using what I like to call the Plus 10 Rule. I’ve explained this in earlier posts but I’ll highlight it here again. The Plus 10 Rule implies that you should practice a presentation the number of minutes of your talk plus ten. For instance, if you are going to give a 20-minute talk on a subject you would take 20 and add 10. Therefore, you should practice that presentation 30 times.”

 

On August 27, 2018 I blogged about Chasing the perfect presentation – TED Talks and the World Championship of Public Speaking. In that post I mentioned that Carmine Gallo stated Jill Bolte-Taylor had practiced her 2008 My Stroke of Insight TED Talk 200 times.

 

The more times you practice, the higher the quality, and the closer you asymptotically approach perfection, as is shown above.  

 


No comments: