Friday, April 12, 2024

The lovely Japanese Tea Garden in San Antonio began as a rock quarry


 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On April 11, 2024 I blogged about Viewing a total solar eclipse on a cloudy day in Boerne, Texas. The day before my wife and I met my sisters and their husbands at the lovely Japanese Tea Garden in San Antonio (as shown above). Their web site and the Wikipedia page explain that it originally had been a limestone quarry and cement factory. During World War II, when we were at war with Japan, it was renamed the Chinese Tea Garden.

 

On October 14, 2023 I had posted about Visiting Buchart Gardens near Victoria, British Columbia on September 28, 2023. Those gardens also had begun as a quarry.

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next to the parking lot is the Barbed Wire BBQ restaurant, where we had an excellent lunch. 

 

 


No comments: