Sunday, August 21, 2016

Six steps to presenting an excellent speech





























Recently I found an interesting PowerPoint slide about the speech preparation process titled Teaching Communication Preparation Circular Model on a web page covering My Teaching Speech Class Tips for Instructors at Jim Peterson‘s Speech Topics Help website. He illustrated the following five steps using arrows in partial circles:

Selecting

Researching

Outlining

Writing

Delivering


I liked that Jim showed a meandering series of steps rather than the usual  bullet point list or boxes linked by straight arrows. I disliked that he forgot to include Rehearsing as a necessary step before Delivering.

So, as is shown above, I redrew his slide with that missing step included, and an even more meandering path from Selecting (a topic) to Delivering (the speech).
  

No comments: