Monday, March 21, 2022

What were you doing a decade ago?

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Every month I read an online amateur microscopy magazine called Micscape. This month’s issue only has three articles, but also indexed their March 2012 issue. And that issue had my construction article titled Building a double gooseneck white LED illuminator for a stereomicroscope using modular coolant hose.

 

As shown above, I used 1/4” Loc-Line coolant hose parts to attach an LED headlamp to my StereoZoom7 microscope pod. Loc-Line consists of snap-together ball and socket segments. My collection of photo equipment also includes a Grip-It triple arm clamp made from Loc-Line.

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Joby has copied the ball and socket idea for their GorillaPod line of tabletop tripods (as shown above). The three legs on that little tripod can be wrapped around a vertical post or horizontal rail to support my little Nikon Coolpix L110 digital camera for travel photography.   

 

 


No comments: