Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Glossophobia might mean a fear of waxing your car to a high gloss


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On May 6, 2022 I blogged about Who popularized the word glossophobia? What is a better Plain English alternative? In that post I said glossophobia was a pseudo-technical term better replaced with the plain English term speech fright.

 

Back on July 8, 2009 I blogged about how Glossophobia might as well mean the fear of waxing your car to a high gloss, and showed an image of a camouflaged car.

 

Earlier this month I saw another camouflaged car outside of the Union Station in Ogden, Utah. While I was photographing that Mercedes, a man told me his friend’s car previously had been painted black. Then he got tired of keeping that vehicle glossy, had a vinyl vehicle wrap put over it, and thus cured his glossophobia.   

  


No comments: