Saturday, January 6, 2024

Recent emails that falsely claimed to have come from Netflix

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

In the past month I have received a couple dozen fairly clumsy phishing emails that claimed they were from Netflix and warned me that “Your account will be suspended!” – unless I clicked a box to UPDATE ACCOUNT NOW. Of course, I did not.

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As shown above via an example, they did not have the correct logo (all capital letters with a curved bottom). Also, rather than Netflix they came from obviously incorrect addresses, ending in .org rather than .com.

 

Netflix has a Help Center web page where you can get instructions on where to forward such phishing emails. On August 28, 2020 I blogged about Another fraudulent ‘Nutflix’ email, and on November 12, 2019 I blogged about Not a warning from Netflix.

 


No comments: