Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Jump and Find Joy is an uplifting 2025 book by Hoda Kotb about embracing change


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hoda Kotb was co-anchor of the morning Today show on NBC News from 2018 to 2025. In 2025 she published an uplifting book titled Jump and Find Joy: Embracing change in every season of life. There is a preview at Google Books. This book is divided into five parts, each with chapters starting on the pages shown:

 

Part 1: A Jumping-off Point  1

  Moved to Make a Change  3

  Your First Leap Won’t Be Your Last  14

  Think Before You Jump  20

  It May Not Be Broken, But It May Not Be Working  26

  Don’t Be Afraid to Change Your Story  37

  Helpful Tips and Tools  44

 

Part 2: Leap of Faith  47

  A Second Chance to Make a First Impression  49

  I Never Want to Wonder What If?  57

  Surrendering Control  71

  Those Four Fabulous Words  75

  Don’t Hog Your Journey  82

  Baring It All  91

  Letting Love In  98

  Making Space for a Leap of Faith  102

  Helpful Tips and Tools  113

 

Part 3: Hop, Skip, and a Jump  115

  Today’s the Day  119

  Sink or Swim  123

  Sweet Soul 129

  Finally, Yes  132

  Take a Deep Breath  141

  Face-to-Face  147

  Share the Load  150

  Forward  159

  Helpful Tips and Tools  165

 

Part 4: Jump in with Both Feet  167

  Finding My Spark

  Finding Time for Transformation  180

  The Pandemic Push  196

  Lead with Love  199

  Get Growing  209

  Helpful Tips and Tools  220

 

Part 5: Jump for Joy  221

  Room to Grow  223

  Turning Sixty and Turning the Page  237

  Breaking Up Is Hard to Do  247

  With Love  253

  My Next Big Jump  255

  The Day After Today  262

  Walking the Walk  265

  Helpful Tips and Tools  268

 

Conclusion  271

 

There are a total of 32 biographical Jumpstarts, including Anne Lamott, Bette Midler, Chip Conley, Ally Love, Thomas Rhett, Mel Robbins, etc. She has three Helpful Tips and Tools on page 113:

 

  1] Treat books I’ve already read – and loved – as a touchstone when I’m feeling a bit lost. The Book of Awakening by Mark Nepo is one of my favorites. It includes bite-size nuggets of wisdom you can read each morning to set a positive tone for the day. I find that a good read offers another voice, which is helpful when the one in our head is driving us crazy. (If I need some title ideas, I’ll search the go-to books of people I admire. What are they reading?)

 

 2] I’ve discovered the power of sixty minutes. When my brain is spinning and my body is dragging, I’ll shut myself down for an hour. I close the door to my office, turn off all of my devices, and just sit quietly. I need to recharge! Sometimes it takes the entire time just to feel an ounce of peace, but I never regret it. Carving out that time for yourself is the juice you need to keep pushing forward.

 

 3] Get curious. As you move toward the new direction you’ve chosen listen and learn. What can the people who’ve already arrived where you want to be teach you? I love to explore podcasts, TED talks, and commencement addresses for the motivation and information I need. Just search the curated list of topics, for example, ‘Find me a TED talk about opening a bakery.’ So fun!”

 

And there are more Helpful Tips and Tools on page 165:

 

“Even little hops and jumps require encouragement. Go, me! I love listening to music for so many reasons, but I’ll always turn to it when I need a quick boost. After all, a song is only about three minutes long! Here are some of my favorites.

(How about making a playlist just for jumping? ‘Songs That Launch Me Higher.’)

 

1]  ‘So Will I’ – Ben Platt

I find this song so reassuring and uplifting. It reminds us that no matter what happens, the world and you are going to be just fine.

 

2]  ‘May You Find a Light’ – The Brilliance

The music in this song is so ethereal and soothing, and the lyrics transport you to a place where you feel safe and grounded. You’re home.

 

3]  ‘Rainbow Connection’ – Paul Williams and Kenneth Ascher

What’s more comforting than Kermit the Frog singing? His message is for dreamers and lovers and anyone with hope in their heart: wishes do come true when we believe in ourselves! (I love this song , too, because anything with rainbows reminds me of my Hopey.)”

 

An image of a girl jumping for joy was adapted from OpenClipArt.

 

 

No comments: