Friday, August 3, 2012

Beware of falling backdrops




















Crazy things can happen during a speech. A newspaper column by Dr. Paddy Bowie, OBE in the July 15th issue of the New Straits Times discussed the Hazard Factor in Public Speaking. She told how:

“At an international conference where, as chairman of Malaysian Institute of Management, I was representing Malaysia, I found myself on a platform in Adelaide. Actually not just a platform, a distinguished group of international VIPs. I was speaking. Over my head was a huge styrene map of Australia. Half way through -- it broke -- and disintegrated. Victoria hit the Mayor, New South Wales the Governor, Perth the local MP and so on.”

The map of Australia came from Wikimedia Commons.

1 comment:

aura backdrops said...

This is very interesting. I find this insightful. Many thanks for this info.