Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Being on a list of Fifty Best Blogs
Every month or so I Google the name of this blog. A few days ago I was pleasantly surprised to find it on a list posted on January 10, 2012 at OnlineUniversities.com titled 50 Best Blogs for Communications Majors. I’m number 48, just after Jay Heinrich’s Figures of Speech Served Fresh and Tom Antion’s Great Public Speaking.
In reply I assembled a list of ten of my posts about surveys that communication majors may find particularly interesting:
1. York College professionalism survey shows students don’t realize how important employers think communications skills are.
2. Employers consider verbal communication and many other skills important, but are only somewhat satisfied by their newly hired college graduates.
3. What’s the difference between a fear and a phobia?
4. How to get beyond just using a worn out cliche.
5. 20 fears for a new millennium - replacing the 1977 Book of Lists.
6. Lists where the fear of public speaking isn’t anywhere near the top - The Epidemiologic Catchment Area Survey
7. What do US college students fear most? Is it snakes, spiders, or public speaking?
8. Public speaking is the worst social fear for both Swedish and Indian college students.
9. Social fears in learning situations: a survey of students at the University of the West of England.
10. Social and specific fears in young Israeli soldiers.
The cartoon came from here on Wikimedia Commons.