Saturday, August 13, 2022

How NOT to comment on one of my blog posts – by instead emailing me asking for a link to your commercial article


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On August 10, 2022 I received the following email about one of my blog posts from way back on  January 19, 2011 titled Will homeopathic silica reduce fear of public speaking? I have edited that email for clarity:

 

“Quick Question:

 

I noticed you shared an article from Wikipedia when you talked about water treatment methods here. I read the Wikipedia article, and I think it’s pretty good. However, we recently published an article  (blog post) by Michael Song at Glacierfresh Filter on April 26, 2022 titled How safe is your tap water? Everything you need to know that questions the effectiveness of current water treatment methods. 

 

There have been several cases worldwide where tap water was found unsafe. We cite the Flint water crisis in this article as an example. 

 

We also discuss the following issues in this article:

  • The global water situation
  • What's in your drinking water?
  • How do you know if your water is safe?
  • How can you protect yourself from unsafe drinking water?

 

Here is the article if you’d like to read it. I know it's a big request, but would you consider linking to our article? I think some of your readers would find it helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions, and thank you for your time.

 

Take care,

 

-Adam Carter”

 

But he didn’t bother to refer directly to that very old blog post from way back in 2011, just my monthly list of posts. And that post was mainly about homeopathy and fear rather than water treatment. He also had just generically referred to the English-language Wikipedia site rather than their Water Purification article. I’m not even sure if Mr. Carter is real, or just a bot. There is a very similar email here from March 22, 2021.

 

On June 17, 2016 I had already blogged about Explaining lead in drinking water and the Flint crisis. So, no, I am not going to link from my post to their article. Instead I will refer you to the YouTube video for Shania Twain’s song That Don’t Impress Me Much.

 

The cartoon old man at a computer I adapted is from here at Wikimedia Commons.

 


No comments: